Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The worst customer service ever... EVER

Ce post est doublement de circonstance aujourd'hui.

1) P est dans l'avion Air France pour Paris, pour le boulot;
2) l'aventure s'est conclue, j'espère, cet après-midi.

Par contre, vu que ça fait déjà 3 pages en anglais, je ne traduis pas...

This post is appropriate for 2 reasons today.
1) P is on the Air France flight to Paris for a business trip;
2) this adventure came to an end, I hope, this afternoon.
But because it's already 3 pages long, I won't put a french translation...

08/24/2011:
"Hi,
No miles have been credited to my account for my flight from SFO to CDG on 06/xx/2011. My Delta eticket number is 006xxxxxxx. In addition, because the flight was 9 hours late, I would appreciate some compensation for the inconvenience. Thank you for taking care of this.
Best regards,
MamaChick"

09/02/2011
"Dear Miss MamaChick,
Thank you for contacting Flying Blue.
Thank you very much for your e-mail dated August 24th 2011.
Please note that since July 2, 2007, missing Miles for AIR FRANCE or KLM flights must be claimed directly via the "Flying Blue" section of the www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com
Your ticket number, which appears on your paper or electronic ticket, will be required for that transaction. It begins with 057... for Air France and with 074... for KLM.
For flights with other partners, a copy of your ticket and the original boarding pass should be sent to the following address:
FLYING BLUE
235 King Street East
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4N5
CANADA
To ensure that Miles are credited to your account automatically, please remember to give your Flying Blue account number every time you make a reservation with AIR FRANCE, KLM or other Flying Blue partner.
We thank you for your continued loyalty to the Flying Blue programme.
Sincerely,
Sara
Your Flying Blue Team"

09/02/2011:
"Here's the thing:
1) I booked my ticket ON THE PHONE WITH AIR FRANCE, who had my Flying Blue number (since the return-leg of the flight was actually credited, after all);
2) but, I got a Delta ticket issued to me, so no 057... or 074... eticket number, thus I can't claim the miles online.
3) I have no time and no intention of sending you the original boarding pass.
So please, for once, Flying Blue Customer Service, be helpful.
MamaChick"

09/09/2011:
"Dear Miss
MamaChick,
Thank you very much for your e-mail dated September 2nd 2011.
However, as a result of reception problems, we are unable to read the content of the e-mail you sent us.
We therefore kindly ask you to resend your request.
Please consult the web sites www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com for complete information and conditions regarding our programme and your account.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future should you need further assistance.
Sincerely,
Javier
Your Flying Blue Team"

09/09/2011:
"This is my 3rd email. Please check your records for my previous emails on Aug 24th, and Sept 2nd, and your responses on Sept 2nd and 9th.
[COPY of previous email]"

09/16/2011
"Dear Miss. MamaChicks,
Thank you very much for your e-mail dated September 9th 2011.
You informed us of activities that you would like to have credited to your account.
Upon investigation, we regret to inform you that without the required documents we are unable to satisfy your request for the credit of missing Miles.
Please note that for the registration of a missing flight you need to provide us with a copy of the electronic ticket and the original boarding pass to the following address:
FLYING BLUE
235 King Street East
Kitchener, ON
N2G 4N5
CANADA
To ensure that Miles are credited to your account automatically, please remember to give your Flying Blue account number every time you make a reservation with AIR FRANCE, KLM or other Flying Blue partner.
Should you require any further information, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal either by telephone at 1 800 375 8723 from the United States.
We thank you for your continued loyalty to the Flying Blue programme.
Sincerely,
Renata
Your Flying Blue Team"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME !?!!?
You'll notice that in addition to being incompetent, they only reply to emails once a week apparently.

09/20/2011:
After 3 painful, very painful phone calls to Flying Blue - where I was arguing that since they were responsible for the mistake, they were the ones who should fix it -, 2 to Air France Customer Service, I finally ended up talking to Delta Customer Service, who, BECAUSE THEY'RE AMERICANS, know what a Customer Service is supposed to look like.
Me: "Hi, I have a problem with some miles that were not credited to my Flying Blue account for a flight with Air France with a Delta eticket."
Her: "Oh, well, then you need to call..."
Me: "NO! I talked to Flying Blue, they told me they couldn't help me, and to call Air France Customer Service, which I did, but THEY told me they couldn't help either and gave me your number. This is my 6th phone call today, please help me or I'm going to lose it."
Her: "Oh my! They've really had you on a roll here... I am sorry, let me see what I can do to help you. [I explain the situation, pause] OK, I talked to my supervisor, and he agrees with me, it's not acceptable, I am going to call them RIGHT NOW and they're going to hear it from me if they don't want to credit your miles. [pause] Alright Ms MamaChick, I just had them on the phone, please fax them the email with your eticket and they'll credit your account within 48 hours."

Fax sent today, I'll update the post in a couple of days.

Thank you Delta Customer Service, I love you ! And Sara, Javier, Renata and the 2 morons I had on the phone today at Flying Blue Customer Service, !@#$ you.

1 comment: